Falafel is such a big fun and all in my family love eating falafel. I was wondering if it’s too complex to make and that’s why avoided making it all the while. But Circuitbreaker made me cook this at home and it’s so easy to make and taste so so delicious!
Straight to the recipe of Falafel Wraps. Measurements are enough for a small family of 2 adults and 2 kids. You can increase the quantity accordingly.
- 1 bowl of chick peas
- 1-2 packs of wraps [multigrain / chia seeds / quinoa / wholemeal for healthier option]
- Half bowl of chopped onion
- Half bowl of parsley leaves
- Herbs like Rosemary, black pepper
- Lemon juice for taste
- 3-4 tablespoons of plain flour
- A pinch of baking soda [optional]
- Mint leaves and yoghurt [optional for mint-yoghurt dip]
- Cut Veggies – cucumber, capsicums, cabbage, lettuce, corn, cherry tomatoes and any other of your choice
- Soak chick peas for at least 8 hours.
- Drain them.
- Add onion, parsley leaves, black pepper, rosemary, salt and lemon juice to it
- Add plain flour
- Grind coarsely [try to avoid adding water while grinding. If at all you have to add, add only a few spoons]
- Make round / oval shaped falafels and deep fry them on a low flame until golden brown and crispy
Now crispy and golden brown Falafels are ready! You can eat them just like that with your favorite dip / sauce if you want.
Preparation: Falafel Wrap
- Warm up the wrap on both sides
- Place 2-3 falafels on it
- Add mint yoghurt dip [easy to make. Just take mint leaves, add salt and yoghurt and blend until smooth]
- Place veggies on the wrap
- Add sauces and chutneys of your choice. You can get creative here and add your own sweet / sour / spicy twist to the wrap
- Wrap and secure with a toothpick or an aluminium foil [alternatively, you can shallow fry this falafel wrap in a pan with some butter and make it buttery crispy]
- Enjoy eating together with your family
Drooling already? Then do try because good food makes you feel good 💛
Love our blog which is among TOP 15 Singapore Family and Parenting blogs and Top 30 Lifestyle blogs?…Check our portfolio here. Check our newest site for women-centric and Lifestyle content SocialMediaMomSG.com
Drop a line on RainbowDiariesWorld@gmail.com to collaborate with us for your products and services or Click here to get in touch with us