Busy moms like me are always in a fast and furious mode! Get the work done fast and then furiously follow your passion. All this is possible only when we work smartly and reduce time spent in the chores whether cooking or cleaning while ensuring that quality and cleanliness is not compromised. Today sharing with you a quick recipe that makes Kalakand – dessert that all in the family will love and for you as a mom, is amazingly hassle-free to make.
Made with the basic ingredients in your kitchen, Kalakand is a popular sweet in India as well as Pakistan and Bangladesh. Let’s go straight to the recipe.
What you will need:
- One tin of Milkmaid or any other sweetened milk
- 4 teaspoons of Ghee AKA Clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon of yoghurt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder ( optional)
Steps to make Kalakand:
- Take one Microwave safe bowl and grease it with ghee. Bigger bowl is preferred.
- Pour the milk maid into the the greased bowl .
- Add two teaspoons of ghee.
- Add one spoon of yoghurt.
- Mix well.
- Set timer of the microwave to 6-7 mins. Start the microwave.
- Put the bowl of mixture in the microwave and let it start boiling.
- After 2-3 mins, take out the bowl and give a good stir.
- Mixture now starts looking curdled up.
- Put in microwave for another 2 mins till you find a darker shade on the corners of the mixture.
- Take out the bowl and mix well. Add ghee and cardamom powder (optional)
- Cut into pieces.
- You can add chopped almonds, cashews, rose petals before serving.
Here’s our Kalakand! Ready to satiate our taste buds.
Do try and tell me how you all loved Kalakand.
Love our blog which is among TOP 15 Singapore Family and Parenting blogs and Top 30 Lifestyle blogs?…Check our portfolio here. Check our newest site for women-centric and Lifestyle content SocialMediaMomSG.com
Drop a line on RainbowDiariesWorld@gmail.com to collaborate with us for your products and services or Click here to get in touch with us.