Just like many of you, this period of Covid-19 and resultant lockdown is turning me into an amazing Chef. Jokes apart, it’s really allowing us to spend more quality time with family and kids. When everyone is at home, tummies start growling every and now then and this mama has to be come up with new exciting dishes that are healthy, tasty and loved by kids.
Rosti is our all time favourite and I have made it so many times before also. Somehow, had forgotten about this dish but Circuitbreaker made me remember it! I made it last week and can’t wait to share with you the recipe.
For Potato Rosti:
- Of course Potatoes [Russet potatoes work best for me but you can use any type of potatoes]
- Herbs like Rosemary, Basil
- Spices like paprika, black Pepper
For Roasted Vegetables:
- Assorted vegetables [I love using the combo of tri-color capsicums, baby corn, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini].
- Cottage cheese AKA Paneer [optional]
- Herbs like Rosemary, Basil and Spices like black pepper, chilli powder [You can also use some Indian masala like paneer butter masala, chat masala etc.]
- Grate potatoes. Remember to grate them thick. [Do not grate them too early else they will leave water and become soggy]
- Mix lightly
- Put some butter on the frying pan / grill [This reminds me to get a good non-stick pan / grill. I have an uncanny ability to spoil them very fast. Do recommend me a good brand]
- Now spread the grated potato mix evenly forming a round shape. For that matter any shape you love.
- Roast well from both the sides until it turns golden brown.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, sour cream or salad, garlic bread or soup.
For Roasted Vegetables:
- Cut vegetables into bigger pieces
- Add herbs, salt as per your taste
- Add some yoghurt and marinate the veggies for 15-20 mins
- Air-fry the vegetables until they are roasted. Alternatively, you can use pan to roast them with very less oil.
- Roasted vegetables are ready! You can garnish them with some fresh parsley leaves.
This is how I plated it. A bit crowded way to make it look like a complete meal in one dish. Kids loved it and hubby too ❤️. Do try!
Love our blog which is among TOP 15 Singapore Family and Parenting blogs and Top 30 Lifestyle blogs?…Check our portfolio here. Check our newest site for women-centric and Lifestyle content SocialMediaMomSG.com
Drop a line on RainbowDiariesWorld@gmail.com to collaborate with us for your products and services or Click here to get in touch with us.