I like to eat and since I am a mom, I have to like to cook as well. Jokes apart, I actually love to try and tweak recipes so that I can churn out something yummy without spending hours in the kitchen! So here’s is my super fast recipe of Yoghurt Kabaab AKA Dahi ke kabaab. Do try and enjoy!
When I was browsing for its recipe on internet, I found that some steps were really very elaborate like take yoghurt and hang it for 10-12 hours. I wanted a shortcut so I took 3 bowls of regular yoghurt and squeeze it for some time putting it in a muslin cloth. Not bad because after a few minutes, I got cream cheese-like consistency.
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Paste of one green chilli and ginger, garlic
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 4-5 teaspoons of gram flour aka besan
- Garam masala, chaat masala, coriander and cumin powder as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Sooji for rolling the kabaabs
- Roast 4-5 teaspoons of gram flour AKA besan on low to medium flame. Wait for that fragrance. Ensure it doesn’t get burnt.
- Mix onion and all the other ingredients mentioned above together with the creamy cheesy yoghurt.
- Add the roasted besan to this mixture and knead it to the desired consistency.
- Make kabaabs of your favourite shape – round, oval, heart, cylinder etc.
- Roll them in sooji
- Pan fry them
- Serve with mint chutney, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce etc.
Your home-made, healthier, nutritious Yoghurt Kabaab are ready to relish. All in the family will love it!
- People who don’t eat onion and garlic, can skip it.
- Along with onion, it is possible to add finely chopped mixed vegetables for added nutrition.
- These are pan fried kabaabs so less oil is needed. Alternatively, Air Fryer should be a good option too.
Do try and lemme know how did you like it! Also don’t forget to share your tips and tricks. Happy Foodie time to all.
Love our blog which is among TOP 15 Singapore Family and Parenting blogs and Top 30 Lifestyle blogs?…Check our portfolio here. Check our newest site for women-centric and Lifestyle content SocialMediaMomSG.com. Drop a line on RainbowDiariesWorld@gmail.com to collaborate with us for your products and services or Click here to get in touch with us