Yes, you heard it right. Master Balladeer and Romantic Crooner, Engelbert Humperdinck is returning to Singapore. This time with his Newest tour “THE ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER” that will be Live in Singapore on 5th November 2019 8 PM onwards in @UNIVERSITY CULTURAL CENTRE HALL @NUS.
Don’t miss Legendary International Superstar and the best-established master of ballads, Engelbert Humperdinck’s Pre-show Party by Gig-Bar at 6pm-7:45pm at the Atrium in UCC@NUS. This tour in Singapore will surely be a marvelous experience to remember.
Do you know this?
- For more than five decades, this renowned romantic crooner has shared a love affair with fans of every age, on every continent.
- One of the world’s most instantly recognized voices, Engelbert’s music has withstood the test of time, and remains as the exemplary global entertainer – having one of the largest fans clubs.
- He has sold more than 140 million records, including 64 gold albums and 23 platinum, four Grammy nominations, a Golden Globe, and stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Las Vegas Walk of Fame, and with his sold-out shows all over the world!
- Engelbert Humperdinck never wanted to be a singer. A career in music, yes, but he was extraordinarily shy for stage performances and all.
- The youngest boy of a family of ten children originally from Leicester, England, he grew up in Madras, India, where his father was stationed during World War II.
- Engelbert entered the world as Arnold George Dorsey. At the age of 11, he started studying music and playing the saxophone. When he was 17, Engelbert found himself playing at a pub that sponsored a singing contest.
- He had contracted tuberculosis, which silenced him for six months and nearly ended his rising music career.
- Upon regaining his health, he had to end his former image to make a comeback as a strong, dynamic performer. That’s how he got his current name – Engelbert Humperdinck.
- Engelbert exploded onto the music scene in the sixties with The Beatles and the Rolling Stones. His first single in the charts was “Release Me,” which went into the Guinness Book of Records for achieving 56 consecutive weeks on the charts. It was No. 1 in 11 countries.
Engelbert seems to take great pleasure in every moment on stage, a place where he can lose his inhibitions and no longer be the child who was once shy.
It’s our opportunity to witness the melodic tunes this first-class singer has to offer and sing along to classic hits like “Release Me,” “The Last Waltz,” “Quando Quando Quando,” “There Goes My Everything,” and a lot more!
Tickets to the show and pre-show party are now on sale via the official ticketing agent SISTIC. Click here to book.
Or call SISTIC Hotline (65) 6348-5555. Also available at all SISTIC Authorised Agents.