School is out at least for the month of June and we decided to embrace the Sun, sand and breeze of the exotic island of Tioman. When we were zeroing down the resort that will be family friendly with lots of food options and fun activities, only one name came in our mind and that was – Berjaya Tioman Resort. Glad that our choice proved to be real good and we had gala time playing with the blue waters of South China Sea.
Read on to find out more about our beach holiday at Berjaya Tioman Resort. I have included important pointers all t necessary information. Am sure that will help you to plan yours.
View this post on Instagram
We get Beachy with Berjaya Tioman Resorts for some sandy fun. Somehow all our vacations are always around the Seas. And how can one say no when the resort is as beautiful and complete as Berjaya Tioman and the water is clear as a crystal? Stay tuned for more posts and stories. . Where are you heading to this June holidays? . . #berjayatiomanresort #berjayatioman . . #rainbowdiaries #SocialMediaMomSG #sgmedia #mediasg #sgbloggers #sporemombloggers #vacation #vacay #vacationmodeon #schoolholidays #travelbloggers #sgtravelblogger #malaysiafood #malaysiatrulyasia #malaysiablogger #eatsleeptravelrepeat #islander #snorkelling #getbeachy
Where is Tioman Island and how to reach?
I have heard people saying that Tioman Island is far from Singapore. Frankly speaking and based on my experience, it’s pretty within the reach and the journey is comfortable.
- Take a land transport from Singapore to Mersing – 2 hours
- Mersing to Singapore ferry – 1.5 hours
Traffic at immigration might add to the above duration but we were quite lucky to beat the crowd.
At the end of the ferry journey, the first sight of the Tioman Island with the glorious blue seas and lush green mountains makes you wonder why you didn’t visit this place before.
Choose a Resort that’s COMPLETE
View this post on Instagram
My ideal travel companions are my family ♥️ With the Sun on our heads and sand in our hair, we just let loose ourselves and had our own Picnic on the Beach thanks to this cool feature of @berjayatiomanresort_official where you get yummlicious bites and drinks to make the most of your beach time. #SwipeRight to #secondpicture 🍕 . Have you observed that when we travel, we understand our people even better…Things that generally we didn't notice about kids in daily life we get to know during travel. Example: I realized that boy's English vocab is developing quite well and he can tell nice stories. On the other hand, the girl has very matured opinions on some heavy duty matters. . . . #berjayatioman #berjayatiomanresort #berjayaresort #tiomanisland #tioman #malaysiatrulyasia #sgfoodies #sgtravel #sgtravelblogger #traveller #travels #travelbloggers #rainbowdiaries #SocialMediaMomSG #sgmedia #mediatrip #famjam #lovedones
We traveled with kids and our topmost priority was to ensure that kids feel 100% comfortable and enjoy the trip wholeheartedly.
What do I mean by “choose a Resort that’s complete”? It simply means that you should check the place on these parameters:
- Is the resort trusted? Have you checked the reviews?
- Have you compared it with a few other options?
- Does the resort give you value for money and more?
- What’s in it for the entire family? Activities and experiences and so on.
- Food – Will you get food options suitable for kids and as per your dietary restrictions?
- How is the room? cleanliness, ambiance etc.
Our experience at Berjaya Tioman Resort was awesome and we got all that we wanted from this trip – Fun, Family bonding, Food and Adventure.
Chalets, Food and Activities at Berjaya Tioman Resort
Berjaya Tioman Resort offers chalets and you can choose depending on the family size, budget and other preferences.
- GARDEN VIEW CHALETS
- SEAVIEW CHALET
- GARDEN VIEW TRIPLE
- GARDEN VIEW QUAD
- BEACH CHALET
- BEACH CHALET TRIPLE
- JUNIOR SUITE
We are sea lovers so decided to stay in a Seaview chalet. Here’s a sneak peak of our chalet. Spacious, cozy and it instantly relaxed us. Overall, Berjaya Tioman Resort boasts of greenery and calmness. Also, chirpy birds, komodo dragons (or monitor lizards?) and numerous types of flowers are around the resort. Oh, cats too.
View this post on Instagram
As a mom, I cook everyday at home so when it's a vacation, it's a yay-time for me since I don't have to cook and just enjoy the food that is served on a platter. 😋 Am giving justice to all the good food at @berjayatiomanresort_official along with my loved ones ♥️ #swiperight to see yummy pics . . I was having slight apprehension whether kids will like the food or not, will they have proper food to eat or not. You know how is #mombrain 😅 But really happy that there's a lot of eat for all in the family. . There are as many as 6 restaurants in Berjaya Tioman Resorts and a variety of cuisines available – Chinese, Malay, Indian, Thai, Western and so on. . 🍅 Sri Nelayan – It showcases glorious Malaysian flavours and other delectable cuisine from around the world. 🍅 Matahari Restaurant – it's a Thai cuisine accented with fresh herbs like mint, cilantro and basil further infused with lemon grass for tangy and delightful sensations. 🍅 Xuan Restaurant – eat at Xuan for some scrumptious oriental delights. . . #berjayatioman #berjayatiomanresort #berjayaresort #tiomanisland #tioman #malaysiatrulyasia #sgfoodies #sgtravel #sgtravelblogger #traveller #travels #travelbloggers #rainbowdiaries #SocialMediaMomSG #sgmedia #mediatrip #famjam #lovedones
Seriously, there is a TREAT at Berjaya Tioman Resort for foodies. We got lots of choices for all and most importantly for our kids too. Let me list down the options and their specialties for your ready reference.
- SRI NELAYAN – We savored flavorful Malaysian cuisine and other international delights in a heritage Malay-styled setting. Vegetarian dishes are available. Also, it’s a great place to have your breakfast. Sri Nelayan also arranges “Picnic on the Beach”. We experienced it and it was very fun. Eating pizza while building sand castles was too good.
Picnic on the Beach
- MATAHARI RESTAURANT – Enjoy a beautiful fusion of tangy flavors and appetizing Thai cuisine in an alfresco beachfront setting. What a lovely setup this restaurant has. Don’t forget to taste their curries. Very yum!
- XUAN RESTAURANT- Xuan surprised us with its class and authentic chinese cuisine. We enticed ourselves in the rich oriental cuisine at this Chinese Restaurant. Perfect restaurant for a quiet family dinner.
- BEACH BAR – A cool hang out spot serving beverages and snacks with live entertainment at the beachfront.
- SUNKEN POOL BAR – A swim-up bar offering tropical cocktails and refreshing beverages to zest up your day by the pool. Take a dip and get refreshed again and again with this Sunken Pool bar.
- FORTUNE COURTYARD – Delight in delicious ice-cold beverages while relaxing and catching up with family and friends.
Here’s a complete list of activities how Berjaya Tioman makes your journey worth-while:
- Swimming pool
- Ayura Spa
- 18-hole golf course
- Table tennis
- Beach volleyball
- Recreation & games centre
- Children’s playground
- Fun Team-building
- Diving (in-house PADI 5-star dive centre)
- Boat Charters
- Glass-bottom boat
- Island hopping
- Jungle trekking
- Round island tour
- ATV Ride
- Stand Up Paddle
Our ATV ride – Simply thrilling and unforgettable
Our snorkeling at Renggis island
Quick pointers for a beach holiday
- Pack light, pack appropriate – this time I controlled myself from packing the world. Just took 1 big bag and 2 backpacks.
- Get ample sunscreen, moisturizer, insect repellent, sunglasses, caps with you. You will need it for sure.
- Keep yourself very well hydrated. We drank water, soft drinks, isotonic drinks too.
- Keep some room of time for delays at immigration, ferry delays due to weather and so on.
- If you are prone to get sea sickness then do carry some anti-nausea meds too.
- For kids, DO NOT FORGET to carry their medicines, plasters, hand-sanitizers, wet wipes, antiseptic creams, allergy meds etc. Better to be safe!
- Carry some snacks to have on the go and kids water bottles too.
More info about Berjaya Tioman Resort:
Tioman Island is a pristine gem. It comes across in all its glory with Berjaya Tioman Resort and you should definitely visit it.
Love our blog which is among TOP 15 Singapore Family and Parenting blogs and Top 30 Lifestyle blogs?…Check our portfoliohere. Check our newest site for women-centric contentSocialMediaMomSG.com
Drop a line on RainbowDiariesWorld@gmail.com to collaborate with us for your products and services or Clickhereto get in touch with us.