Come September and you can witness the Exuberance of the First-Ever Japan Summer Festival and Sports At The National Stadium. Japan Summer Festival will take place in conjunction with the most exciting Sports Hub Community Play Day.
We can’t wait for the spectacular experience of traditional Japanese culture and you should not miss it either! Find all the necessary information about Japan Summer Festival at Sports Hub Singapore here and join our giveaway too.
What’s happening at the Japan Summer Festival and Sports?
• The Bon-Odori, an age-old Japanese festive dance, performed with customary taiko drums
• Over 100 authentic Japanese F&B, merchandise and games stalls typically associated with festivals
• Highly energetic stage performances featuring Japanese dance and theatrical shows
• A cultural corner showcasing the time-honored Japanese Koto, Tea Ceremony and Kimonos
• A Pokémon carnival with Pokémon-themed games stalls and Pikachu Meet-&-Greet sessions
• Yukata try-outs for the whole family with photo-taking opportunities
• J-Party workouts by Japanese instructors for the fitness buffs
• F1 Truck, Daytona arcade games and Family Drag Race for the motorsport enthusiasts
Festival, Fun, Family Bonding will be at its peak for sure during this Japan Summer Festival and Community Play Day.
The event organised in collaboration with the Japanese Association of Singapore aims to harness better cultural understanding between both the Japanese and local communities through activities such as the Bon-Odori dance, stage performances featuring Japanese dance and theatrical shows, a cultural corner showcasing the Japanese Koto, tea ceremony, and kimonos, Yukata try-outs and many more.
Range of authentic Japanese food and beverage stalls serving special delights like the famous Wagyu Roast Beef Don, Hokkaido Nama Dorayaki, Takikomi Gohan, Takoyaki, Grilled Arabiki Sausage, Salmon Onigiri, Yakisoba, Kakigori – Shaved Ice and Choco Banana etc is going to be the event highlight.
Do watch out for Pokémon carnival featuring numerous Pokémon-themed game stations and machines, Pikachus meet-and-greet sessions, Japanese-themed games and activity stands for the complete family fun.
Held in with conjunction with the Japan Summer Festival, the Sports Hub Community Play Day will be taking on a ‘Fun-on-Wheels’ theme and it will add to the joy of the Japan Summer Festival.
What you can expect are the motorsports-related family-friendly activities suitable for people of all ages, including F1 car racing simulators try-outs, Daytona arcade games and a Family Drag Race. Fitness buffs can also get their fix at the J-Party Fitness Workout, a mass cardio exercise by Japanese instructors.
Japan Summer Festival and Sports Hub Community Play Day is going to be Double Bonding opportunity for families. We can’t wait for it already!
Tickets for the event will be available via the Sports Hub Tix website www.sportshubtix.sg, hotline +65 31587888, Sports Hub Tix Box Office at Singapore Indoor Stadium, The Star Performing Arts Centre Box Office, Scotts Square Concierge Desk, and all SingPost outlets.
Japan Summer Festival Giveaway
I have these cool goodies to be won:
- A pair of admission tickets for 8 Sep
- A pair of Pikachu meet-&-greet passes for 8 Sep (3pm to 3.30pm)
Steps to win:
✔️Like this post and tag as many friends as you want. One tag per comment pls.
✔️Comment your IG / FB username on bit.ly/japansportshub
BONUS step: join the giveaway on IG too and tag your friends for extra chances of winning. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm8soRCgxOp/
Contest ends on 1st September 2018
Pics used in this post are courtesy: – Singapore Sports Hub and The Japanese Association, Singapore