We had an opportunity to watch the premiere show of Toruk – The First Flight – the new touring production by Cirque du Soleil, inspired by James Cameron’s record-breaking movie AVATAR. First of all, do take note that it’s here only for 10 days i.e.
till June 3, 2018 and secondly, do watch it because it’s spectacular!
Who doesn’t know the wonderous Cirque Du Soleil?! We are getting amazed by their productions since 1984. Toruk – The First Flight is their 37th production.
Imagine the magic when Cirque Du Soleil and James Cameron’s AVATAR come together. Yes, Toruk – The First Flight is inspired by James Cameron’s AVATAR and it takes us straight to Pandora for the duration of roughly 2 hours including interval.
Narrated by a “Na’vi Storyteller” and populated by unforgettable characters, TORUK – The First Flight is a mythical tale set thousands of years before the events depicted in the film AVATAR, and before any humans
ever set foot on Pandora.
Five points that you keep appreciating throughout the show of Toruk – The First Flight:
1. A visually stunning live setting – Can’t believe that we were sitting in the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
2. The art of storytelling – It’s nothing less than a movie. There’s inspiring storyline, solid script and artists who bring it all alive.
3. Breathtaking combination of stagecraft, cutting-edge visuals and puppetry.
4. Artists – salute to them. One moment they are on the ground and next moment they are climbing mountains. Do their bodies have bones? How can they be so flexible?
5. Live immersive experience which is enhanced by the app that you can download and be a part of the happenings on the arena.
In short, Cirque du Soleil applies its unique signature style to James Cameron’s imaginary world and that’s Toruk – The First Flight is all about. It is a living ode to the Na’vi’s symbiotic coexistence with nature and their belief in the basic interconnectedness of all living things.
Here are the show timings and all other info you need to watch Toruk – The First Flight:
Tuesday (public holiday) : 4pm
Wednesday : 8pm
Thursday : 8pm
Friday : 4pm & 8pm
Saturday : 4pm & 8pm
Sunday : 1pm & 5pm
Get your tickets from:
- Singapore Indoor Stadium Box Office
- +65 3158 7888
- All SingPost Outlets
Make it sweeter with this promo code of mine:
15% off tickets for weekday shows except Friday 8pm. Valid till 3rd June
Love our blog which is among TOP 100 Singapore blogs…Check our portfolio here. Drop a line on RainbowDiariesWorld@gmail.com to collaborate with us for your products and services or Click here to get in touch with us.