It was indeed a great opportunity to witness DBS CEO Piyush Gupta unveiling the bank’s bold new promise, “Live more, Bank less” on 15th May 2018. DBS is my preferred bank for last 12 years and am indeed excited to see what it brings to customers like us in near future.
After more than a decade of establishing its Asia heritage with “Living, Breathing Asia”, DBS is evolving its positioning to “Live more, Bank less”. Its bold new brand promise reflects the belief that in the digital era, it needs to deliver banking that is so simple, seamless and invisible, that customers have more time to spend on the people or things they care about.
DBS CEO Piyush Gupta said during the media meet, “In the last 10 years, we have successfully established ourselves as a leader in Asia banking. While we remain rooted to Asia, Asia is rapidly changing, like the rest of the world. With the ubiquity of the smartphone, the explosion of data and the rise of the sharing economy, customer behaviours are dramatically different from what they were before. Customers want a new kind of banking. Having made re-imagining banking a priority in the last few years, we believe we are well-placed to personify and embody banking of the future.”
What’s “Live more, Bank less” all about?
Live hassle-free with invisible banking
- Embedding banking in the customer journey. With its strong focus on weaving banking into the daily lives of customers, the bank has launched car, property and electricity marketplaces in the last nine months. Customers looking to buy or sell their car, rent a property or choose an electricity provider can now do so on the DBS website. DBS’ API-driven architecture and strong focus on human-centred design and user experience help make banking simpler and more seamless.
- Creating a bank that is always with its customers. With DBS iWealth, customers in Singapore and Hong Kong can manage, transact and trade via their mobile phones 24/7. In India and Indonesia, digibank is paperless, signatureless and branchless, and an entire bank in the phone.
Seize life’s opportunities
- Customers in Singapore and Hong Kong are provided insights to better seize investment opportunities with DBS iWealth. This includes having access to sophisticated portfolio and performance analysis, as well as curated research and investment views contextual to their portfolio or preferences.
- SMEs with DBS BusinessClass have access to the latest market trends as well as a knowledgeable community of Asia’s business leaders, including venture capitalists and industry peers.
- Chief financial officers and corporate treasurers can manage and project their cash positions at the click of a button with Treasury Prism, the world’s first online treasury and cash management simulation tool.
Live larger than themselves
- Encouraging customers to live socially-conscious by making them more aware of various ways to do so.
- Providing the next generation with opportunities to come together to create innovative solutions that solve sustainability issues.
- Helping social entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life through grants, banking services, mentorship and by giving them a platform to share their work and pitch for funding.
As a customer, am very eager to see how DBS makes banking even more simple for us. After all, Live More, Bank Less is nothing but more time with my kids and hubby for this mom!
For more information on “Live more, Bank less”, please visit www.dbs.com/livemore
Love our blog which is among TOP 100 Singapore blogs…Check our portfolio here. Drop a line on RainbowDiariesWorld@gmail.com to collaborate with us for your products and services or Click here to get in touch with us.