Mark your dates – Disney on Ice celebrates Everyone’s Story will be in Singapore from 14-18th March 2018 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Don’t forget to participate in our Disney On Ice Giveaway for a chance to WIN up to 4 CAT 1 tickets for the show.
Jaw-dropping Facts about this year’s Disney on Ice:
- This year is the silver anniversary celebration for Disney On Ice in Singapore.
- Proudly produced by Feld Entertainment, Disney On Ice celebrates Everyone’s Story is a spectacular show that brings together the incredible talents of world-class ice skaters and heart-warming Disney tales.
- Disney On Ice celebrates Everyone’s Story features more than 50 unforgettable Disney stars, a sing-along score of melodious masterpieces, stunning choreography, beautiful costumes and intricate sets.
- There is going to be a special pre-show with Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde from Disney’s Zootopia enticing the crowd to help solve an off-ice caper that must be cracked for the on-ice action to begin!
- Disney On Ice celebrates Everyone’s Story is designed and orchestrated by Director Patty Vincent and her team. She has been involved in the creation of Disney On Ice for 25 years.
- The show features 14 well-loved Disney stories including Pinocchio, Finding Dory, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, the ever enchanting Frozen.
- There are 225 costumes on this show and each cast member makes 4 – 5 costume changes!
- The capes worn by Anna and Elsa weigh roughly 9 kilograms each. There are over 1,000 rhinestones adorned, by hand, on some costumes!
- Elsa’s Ice Palace is the largest prop weighing over 997 kilograms. There are 57 props used in Disney On Ice celebrates Everyone’s Story.
- Approximately 37,749 litres of water are used to create the whole ice floor for a Disney On Ice With aluminium panels built to support and hold it together, the ice floor weighs about 68,038kg!
- It takes about 1,705-man hours to set up the whole production and the build-up of the ice rink alone requires 425-man hours.
For those of you who haven’t watched Disney On Ice yet, fret not! Read our review of the Disney On Ice show last year here and get ready to be spellbound.
Disney On Ice is a breath-taking experience where ice skaters bring alive our favorite Disney characters. If you have ever wondered what Disney On Ice skaters are in real life or what they do in their spare time, I’ve got the answers!
I got an opportunity to interview Kirstie Nelson, who portrays the role of Cinderella, in Disney On Ice celebrates Everyone’s Story. Read on to know more her and be inspired! By the way, the last 2 questions in the interview are asked by my kids as they were very curious to know about the actual person portraying Cinderella.
Q: Please tell us something more about your background.
A: I have been skating since I was 5 years old and grew up as a competitive skater in Canada before transitioning into Professional skating. I am a certified yoga instructor, as well as a certified chemical engineer and I worked as an engineer for 3 years before joining Disney on Ice.
Q: How is being Yoga trained help you in preparation for this role of Cinderella?
A: Being yoga trained is probably one of the best things I could have done for my skating. Not only do I love teaching yoga classes to fellow skaters, but I also love the benefits it provides. Aside from improving body awareness, it is a crucial component in keeping our bodies strong and healthy. Doing a variety of yoga exercises help me to warm up my muscles properly before stepping on the ice as Cinderella.
Q: What advice would you like to give people who would like to pursue ice skating as a career?
A: Ice skating is a sport that takes years of practice to master and involves a lot of hard work with countless hours of training each week. There will be many trips and falls along the way, but if you believe in yourself and don’t give up, anything is possible!
Q: What if you fall down or trip during your performance? How do you handle this situation?
A: Skating is a live action sport and as skillful and graceful we are on the ice, there are bound to be trips and falls from time to time. This is just the nature of skating and we have been trained to always get back up and keep going no matter what! Put it behind you, keep smiling and give the best performance possible!
Q: When you are not playing Disney On Ice character, what do you do? Any other hobbies,studies you do?
A: When I’m not skating with Disney On Ice, I really enjoy reading, doing yoga,running, watching movies, traveling and exploring new places!
Wow, what Kirstie said is so true. Not only to ice-skating, it’s applicable to every task that we do.
There are bound to be trips and falls from time to time. Always get back up and keep going no matter what! Put it behind you, keep smiling and give the best performance possible!
After all, Disney stories are for everyone. Something that we can relate too and that’s why we all love these stories and characters generation after generation.
Buy tickets here at Sports Hub website.
Disney on Ice is on Facebook
Disney on Ice is on Instagram
For RainbowDiaries Readers
I have got some yummylicious recipes for your little ones straight from Olaf, Snow White, Rapunzel and Ariel. Do try them and lemme know how they loved it.
Giveaway of 4 CAT A tickets (worth $260) for the 14 March 7:00PM opening night show
- Like RainbowDiaries on FB and follow on Instagram.
- Like Disney on Ice Facebook page
- Tell us which Disney character you like the most below this Blog Post. Be creative!
- Share the post on Facebook and/ Instagram with tags #RainbowDiaries #DisneyOnIce2018. Tag as many friends as you want. One friend per comment please.
See you all there. Let’s experience the magic of Disney On Ice celebrates Everyone’s Story!
This Giveaway is CLOSED now! The winner is Priscilla Quek! Congrats
Love our blog which is among TOP 100 Singapore blogs…Check our portfolio here. Drop a line on RainbowDiariesWorld@gmail.com to collaborate with us for your products and services or Click here to get in touch with us.