Asia’s and Singapore’s longest-running children’s run event, the 10th Cold Storage Kids Run, took place yesterday morning at Palawan Green Sentosa. RainbowDiaries wanted to attend this run for many years but somehow never could attend for this reason or the other! Thank God we managed to attend this time and that too when the glorious run celebrated it’s 10th year.
Beautiful weather of a scenic and happening place like Sentosa, awesome runners especially the cute kids who were so enthusiastic to complete their run and get medals and trophies, it was a great experience at Cold Storage Kids Run yesterday.
Do you know?
- Cold Storage Kids Run started in 2008 and 2017 is its 10th year in the running?!
- Yesterday, Over 9,000 children and their family members enjoyed a scenic run in both competitive and non-competitive categories
- There was a fun post-race carnival by the sea.
- Joining parents and babies in the “Stroller Family Fun Run” was Minister of Culture, Community and Youth, Grace Fu. What an honor for the run and the runners.
- Staff from Cold Storage and Enterprise Sports Group ran with kids from Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore and Care Community Services Society in the fun run categories.
- Kids from all age groups happily participated – as young as 6 months babies to toddlers to preschoolers to pre-teens. So nice to see these kids enjoying, sweating out and soaking in the fun.
P.C. – ESG
Going Places Healthy Paces
This year’s event had “Going Places Healthy Paces” theme. It was designed to encourage children to lead an active lifestyle and to eat healthy from a young age. I found this theme so so relevant and important to imbibe the importance of health right from childhood.
Run is over, Fun is not!!!
Did you spot Cold Storage health and wellness mascots like Appleton, Banana King, Gardenia Bread, Cerelac Bo Bear, Zespri Kiwi, Magnolia Cow and Vitagen? They all were onsite to cheer on all participants along the route and mingled with finishers for selfies and wefies. Upon crossing the finish line, all children enjoyed healthy post-race snacks like bananas, milk, fruit cups, red and green apples for free. Yummy n healthy.
See this Cuteness overload in the below video:
It’s carnival time! The post-race Carnival was a certified hit with all children as there was a Transformer truck with Optimus Prime giving away free toys, the ReadySteadyKids area where kids can test themselves at nine different sports stations, take part in fun relays or enjoy interactive games like Popcorn Parachute, Rainbow Wall and Escape the Zoo.
All in all, Sunday that was big fruitful Family Bonding FUN. ?? We are waiting for the next year already.