Case 1: People like me who are scared to do anything even remotely adventurous should not think about sky diving and all. I honestly think so! But many times I am also sulking about the fact that my scaredy cat attitude will keep me deprived of that thrilling feel of flying like a free bird in the sky.
Case 2: On the other hand, there are some people like my daughter who are ever-ready to try out any adrenaline rushing stuff. She wants to do sky-diving and all but at just 10-years old, I feel she’s a bit too young for actual sky-diving.
iFly is the perfect solution for both of us! How awesome it is to experience true free-fall conditions in a completely safe environment under the guidance of very well-qualified trainers! iFly is just like a real skydive.
What is iFly?
iFly Singapore is a part of the global franchise of SkyVenture, which has over 32 tunnels in operation and under construction around the world. SkyVenture’s patented wall-to-wall airflow, multiple overhead fans and other unique technologies provide the safest and most accurate freefall simulation possible, making bodyflying safe and accessible to the general public. With this proven track record for safety and multiple patents worldwide, SkyVenture is indisputably the current world leader in indoor skydiving simulation. Measuring 16.5 feet in diameter with a flying height of 56.5 feet, the equivalent of five storeys, iFly Singapore is the world’s largest themed vertical wind tunnel. It can accommodate up to 20 flyers at the same time.
Each flyer can enjoy two skydives in the wind tunnel. The time it takes for each skydive is like falling through the air from 12,000 to 3,000 feet! And at one-fifth the cost of a tandem jump, iFly Singapore is truly unbeatable.
Flying doesn’t remain a dream with iFly. Now almost all of us can fly – including those with disabilities, the young and the old, as long as we meet iFly’s criteria. iFly goes an extra mile to ensure that we get airborne. Just give them a call in case of any doubt.
Parents would worry and would double-confirm about safety before letting their kids try out iFly. Glad to find out that iFly Singapore uses the proven training and safety system from the International Bodyflight Association (IBA) which is responsible for developing, education and enforcing safety and training rules for flight in vertical wind tunnels globally.
As a testament to the company’s commitment to maintaining world-class standards of service for both its local and international customer base, iFly Singapore was accredited with the ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 standards in 2013. These are globally recognised accreditations for quality management systems and occupational health & safety management systems respectively.
Before actual flight, iFly trainers conduct basic training and ensure that flyers have understood the basics of flying and most importantly certain signs that you can use to communicate during actual skydive. Example, there are signs to instruct you to stretch your legs or you can halt the flight in-between if feeling unwell etc.
Important pointers before you take your skydive:
- You must weigh less than 120kg (if shorter than 180cm) or 140kg (if taller than 180cm).
- You are at least 7 years old.
- You must be able to comfortably wear one helmets.
- You are not pregnant.
- You have not previously dislocated your shoulder, have no history of back/neck injury or heart problems.
- Wear comfortable clothes. No jewelry that can obstruct and cause issues during flying.
- Wear well-fitted laced-up sneakers with non marking soles.
- You will need to check in 1hr prior to flight time for training and gearing up.
Our Fun @ iFly
My daughter and me visited iFly in September holidays. It was a beautiful weekday morning. Big man was in office and little man is too young to try iFly so mom and daughter decided to go.
Daughter like I mentioned before was bubbling with excitement and I was a bundle of nerves!
Time slots need to be followed punctually in iFly and you need to reach exactly on time as mentioned by them. When we reached, the confident and friendly instructor gave us basic training and told us what to do and what not to do. He made us practice also a bit.
Now time to go upstairs and get into flying gear. Now, ready to enter the wind tunnel and ffllyyy…
The instructor showed the steps first to us and then one by one he started giving us practice. First time, when I entered a gush of air entered my nostrils. Remember, to put your chin UP – something that I had forgotten! Instructor told me to keep mouth open and breathe for more comfortable flying.
While an adult was faltering, my kid was learning to fly and skydive like a Pro!
Each flyer gets 2 dives under first timer’s experience program. I fared so-so but daughter enjoyed to the core and even topped up one more skydive which was like synchronized exercises that we see in air shows and all. 200% Thrilling and must-try skydive for all adventure junkies!
My top reasons for why you should fly with iFly:
1. We are not born as birds but we all can still fly thanks to iFly. It is great to just let yourself go and let the air take care of you.
2. It is safe! Actual skydive might not be attractive for some of us due to risks involved but iFly is safe and you can still enjoy the same free fall of skydive.
3. All can visit and try out iFly’s several programs. Whether you are an adult or kid, amateur or professional there are options for you. Even people with some disabilities can fly.
4. Instructors are friendly, caring and willing to help. They are experts!
5. Go there and face your fears in the safe environment. It is a good idea to gain confidence with iFly’s skydive and get ready for real skydive some day!
6. You get one nice certificate of completion of training which gives you sense of achievement.
Book Online Here.
First Timers’ Experience Here.
iFly Singapore, 43 Siloso Beach Walk #01-01 Singapore 099010
Mon, Tue, & Thu- Sun
9:00am – 9:30pm
First Flight: 10:00am
Last Flight: 9:30pm
11:00am – 9:30pm
First Flight: 12:00pm
Last Flight: 9:30pm
I believe I can Fly with iFly…How about you…Are you ready for an unforgettable flight? ♥
Note: Love our blog? Drop a line on RainbowDiariesWorld@gmail.com to collaborate with us for your products and services or Click here to get in touch with us.