PAssionArts Festival 2016, a nationwide community arts festival returns for the fifth year from 18 June 2016 to 31 July 2016. With the theme “Towards A Brighter Singapore” (迈向更美好的新加坡), residents and youths will use arts to celebrate National Day and build a stronger national identity.
30,000 RESIDENTS AND YOUTHS TRANSFORM THE FACADES OF 150 HDB BLOCKS INTO CREATIVE ARTS IN CELEBRATION OF NATIONAL DAY
“Towards A Brighter Singapore” – Encourage residents to use arts as a way to celebrate National Day; and build a stronger national identity.
18 June to 31 July 2016 over 7 weeks, with spill over events during the National Day period.
86 Community Arts & Culture Clubs under the PAssionArts Programme of the People’s Association (PA).
About the Festival Villages
- 58 festival villages across the island.
- There would be 150 large format ‘Joyous Faces’ and ‘Flag Art’ façade art islandwide which are co-created by 30,000 residents. Of which, more than half are young people.
- Target to attract 250,000 residents.
Partners involved in co-creating the festival programmes
- Other than Community Arts and Culture Clubs and Grassroots Organizations, there are a total of 300 non-grassroots organisations and community groups as festival co-creators.
- 30 Voluntary Welfare Organizations (1000 beneficiaries) who will participate in the co-creation of artworks.
- Involved a total of more than 80 schools/education institutions, with an expected outreach to more than 35,000 students.
Involvement of PAssionArts Artists who are local residents or volunteers for PAssionArts
120 PAssionArts artists are involved as art facilitators, together with 30,000 residents to co-create the façade art, along with other arts activities during the PAssionArts Festival this year. These PAssionArts artists are all residents of their respective neighborhood or who volunteer for PAssionArts in the constituency.
‘Joyous Faces, Happy Kolam Ayer Residents’ Façade Art at Blk 11, Upper Boon Keng Road
This is the first piece out of 150 façade art displayed as part of the PAssionArts Festival 2016.