Want your child not miss the goodness that nuts offer? Make this easy-to-make super nutty milkshake recipe that is healthy to boot.
As a parent, have you noticed that sometimes kids take infinity to chew on the food? When it comes to harder food items like nuts, the chewing goes on and on and on.
My kids take too much time to eat nuts and sometimes just spit them out after a bit of chewing. I was wondering what I could do so that they don’t miss the goodness of nuts. One day got this idea!
So here goes my quick and tasty Nutty Milkshake recipe packed with the richness of almonds, cashew nuts and more.
Nutty Milkshake Recipe
1. Wash and dry almonds, cashew nuts, macadamia nuts and dry fruits like dates, figs, apricots, raisins. I have added a few fennel seeds for extra taste. Fennel seeds are known as anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory herb. You also may want to add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds etc.
2. Add required quantity of milk and a few ice cubes [optional]
3. Mix a bit of honey for added sweetness. I avoided sugar.
4. Blend the mix till it becomes smooth and thick in texture.
5. Add some more milk and honey if needed. You can add some fruits of your choice and make it a Fruit n Nuts Milkshake too!
6. Pour it in your kid’s favorite glass / mug.
7. Done! Your super-healthy, super-nutty and not to forget super-tasty milkshake is ready to serve.
8. Kids and Adults would love it equally. No chewing and still can relish the taste of nuts and dry fruits.
Nuts and Dry fruits offer oodles of health benefits. They are full of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Pro-biotics, Fibre and are energy boosters.
I originally wrote this article for theAsianparent – leading parenting magazine for babies, children, kids and parents. Here is a link to the original article.
Important Note: Some kids have nut allergies. Parents should follow Paed’s guidelines in this regard.